Did you know journaling can help you in so many ways? Writing is a great way to organize your thoughts, your life, be creative, relax. and manifest your dreams.
I know I peeked your attention when I mentioned manifesting your dreams but let’s take a look at all the ways journalling can help. Don’t worry I will get to the manifesting part!
Sooth the Mind Sooth the Soul
So many times we are focused on all the things we have to get done. We are so focused we can’t relax because we keep thinking about our chores, kids, and responsibilities. Take your journal and use it to dump out all the things rumbling around in your mind. Just putting it down will free your mind and reduce your stress.
Activity Purpose: Stress relieving Journal (you can use a separate or your regular Journal)
- Make a list of all the items you need to do
- Number which is most important
- Highlight the easiest and quickest item
- Make a plan and a due date for each item
- Take care of the small things you can get done (like taking out the garbage)
- Cross off items as you do them.
- Each day make a new list and carry over the things you having done.
You will find you are forgetting less things and feeling more free in your mind since you don’t have to take up thinking space once you release your worry, thoughts and chores.
Writing creatively can bring about the same relaxation as meditation. I know what you are thinking but you don’t have to be Stephen King or Daniel Steele to do some creative personal writing.
Activity Purpose: Imagination Exercise (releases stress)
Write the following:
- Take out your journal and imagine a place you would like to be
- Describe it (it can be made up or exist)
- What are you wearing while you visit
- What do you feel like
- Who is with you.
A little organized day dreaming goes a long way!
Activity Purpose: Put things in perspective. Many times we just think how horrible something is. Once you put it down on paper an dissect the problem it will seem much smaller.
Write the following:
- What is bothering you
- How do you feel about it
- What parts can you control
- What parts are out of your control
- Make a list on two sides of the paper separating the things you can control from the things you can’t
- Focus on what you can control
- Look at each item you can control or change and brainstorm on the next page about what you can do to fix or change those parts of your problem.
- Pick the options that make the most sense for you
- Start taking steps
Feeling better already?
Activity Purpose: Feel good about your intention to love yourself each day.
- Write about what is great about you
- Write down 3 things you did for yourself today with the intent of love
- Write down 3 things you plan to do for yourself by the end of the month
- Write how you are feeling and why
Look how much you love you!
Activity Purpose: To create what you want in your life. I know you have all been waiting for this one. Sometimes we just sit and dream. But putting things on paper gets the creative process going. That is why your teachers always had you brainstorm when writing a paper. The brain just flows this way! Plus it is moving you toward your dream by putting it physically into the universe.
- What do you want to create or manifest?
- Describe what life would be like when you create or manifest what you want
- Describe how you look and who you are with
- Describe the environment
- Make a list of things you can do to get closer to your goal (research, investing, schooling, help from a friend, reading a book).
- Take a step in the direction of your goal by doing one small thing to step toward it whether it be searching on line or reading or whatever you came up with each day. Spend time each day in your journal writing about what you did and how it helped you get closer. You will feel so amazing that you are working on it.
Dreams on the way!
Even if you have never tried journaling I hope you will be inspired today to try this for yourself. Let me know how it goes!